Governor-Elect Gavin Newsom (D) will be sworn in today as California’s 40th Governor.
Newsom, 51, has been the 49th Lieutenant Governor of California since 2011 and previously served as the 42nd Mayor of San Francisco from 2004–2011.
He is the first Democrat to directly succeed another Democrat as the state’s chief executive in 132 years.
To date, Newson had made the following appointments to his administration:
- Chief of Staff: Ann O’Leary, a former top aide to Hillary Clinton.
- Cabinet Secretary: Ana Matosantos, former Director of the state Department of Finance.
- Finance Director: Keely Bosler, who has served as Finance Director under Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. since August. Before that, she worked as Gov. Brown’s Cabinet Secretary for two years and as his chief budget deputy for three years before that.
- Legal Affairs Secretary: Catherine E. Lhamon, former chair of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, a position former President Barack Obama appointed her to in 2016.
- Legislative Secretary: Anthony Williams, a longtime Capitol staffer and former Director of Government Relations for Boeing Company.
- Office of Strategic Communications and Public Engagement: Daniel Zingale was a Senior Vice President at the California Endowment, a health care foundation.
- Read More