Date: March 20, 2020
In accordance with Governor Newsom’s “Safer at Home” order to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), effective Friday, March 20th, Fullerton will implement additional temporary changes to City government functions.
The “Safer at Home” order directs all residents to stay at home until further notice and to limit activity to only the most essential needs, such as medical care and grocery shopping. The complete State and orders are available online for the public to view.
The following City facilities are closed to the public:
- Fullerton City Hall
- Fullerton Airport
- Fullerton Maintenance Yard
- Fullerton Public Library
- Fullerton Community Center
- Fullerton Museum Center
- Chapman Center
- Gilbert Community Center
- Garnet Community Center
- Richman Community Center
- Orangethrope Center
- Fullerton Tennis Center
- Fullerton Pooch Park
The City has postponed all public events as recommended by State health officials, until further notice.
Although these facilities are closed, essential City services will continue running either online, by drop-off, pick-up, phone or email. Below is a list of services that will continue to be available to the public:
Call 911 for emergencies
Fullerton Police Department – 714-738-6800
- The Police Department front counter will remain open for email and phone ONLY. To report acrime please call 714-738-6716.
Fullerton Fire Department – 714-738-6500
- Fire administration office will be closed to the public. Phone line will be open for general Fire andhazmat inquiries.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Utility Services cashier counter is closed to the public. Water bill payments can be processed online. The following phone lines are open for questions/information:
- Water Billing – 714-738-6890
- Business Licenses and Permit Fees – 714-738-6531 or 714-738-5326 or emailing email@example.com
- Pay Water Bill
- Online Business Registration Services
- Business License Application (Print)
- Cash payments for utility billings, development fees, fines and other services rendered are still being accepted. Please contact the cashier at 714-738-6890 to find out how to pay.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Planning counter closed for in-person visits.
- Plan checks/reviews and development applications can be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building & Safety Division
- Building counter closed for in-person visits.
- Permit applications, submission of plan checks, and inspections available by email or by postal service ONLY. Please call 714-738-6543 for questions or more information about electronic submittals.
- Inspections will continue to occur, however, out of an abundance of caution, if you are ill, we would ask that you refrain from scheduling inspections. Inspectors will only inspect exterior elements of the building or interiors if the building is currently unoccupied.
Code Enforcement Division
- Office closed for in-person visits.
- Overnight parking restrictions are being eased and non-health and safety code enforcement is being suspended.
- Water and electric shut offs are suspended.
- Phone line open for general inquiries and request for inspections, please call 714-773-5704.
Economic Development and Housing Divisions
- Offices closed for in-person visits.
- For questions or information on economic development projects, please call 714-738-6837.
Housing & Community Rehabilitation Program
- Please call 714-738-6544 for application process information.
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
The State has ordered that all bars, clubs, theaters, entertainment centers, and fitness centers, and other non-essential businesses be closed until further notice. Restaurants will be permitted to serve take out or delivery food only and grocery stores may remain open.
For more information and the latest status of City services, visit the City website at www.cityofullerton.com/coronavirus. Updates will be shared regularly through the City’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.