Red Hat Society, Inc. (RHS), a women’s social organization based in Fullerton, CA has an immediate opening, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Basic purpose and objective of the position:
Ideal candidate is responsible for planning, developing and implementation of all RHS marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities. Accountable for the development and implementation of marketing materials for RHS including but not limited to all collateral, press releases, email communications and website. Directs all the company brand communications standards, marketing and public relations in addition, coordinates at both the strategic and tactical level regarding marketing and publicity. This position reports to the CEO in charting the brand direction of the company.
Accountable for leading marketing team and initiatives to grow RHS business from membership development, events activities, business to business marketing initiatives, and more.
Duties and responsibilities
Knowledge and skills
- Develop marketing and publicity strategies that support Membership, Events and B2B partnerships
- Help to make sure the philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Create, implement and measure the success of marketing, communications and public relations programs that enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace
- Ensure consistency of the organizations’ desired image and position
- Guide editorial direction, design and production of all marketing materials
- Represent RHS at events
- Write content when necessary that meets the needs of the RHS demographic
- Facilitate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media as needed
- Establish brand standard communication guidelines and manage all brand communications standards throughout the company
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the marketing and publicity functions
- Recruit, train, supervise, support, develop promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer
- Enlist expertise and support from contractors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of 10 years experience in marketing, communication and/or public relations
with demonstrated success. BA in communication, journalism, marketing or public relations preferred. Proven success in leading a dynamic team. Strong writing abilities and attention to detail. Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
If you are interested in applying or you know of someone who is interested in the position please contact email@example.com
or call 714-726-1959 (cell).