On Saturday, February 29, 2020, Cypress College will hold its 45th annual Americana Awards, sponsored by Union Bank. In addition to honoring a Man or Woman of the Year, the College will pay tribute to a deserving individual or couple as Citizen(s) of the Year, representing the following cities: La Palma, Los Alamitos/Rossmoor, Seal Beach, Stanton, Anaheim, Buena Park, Cypress, and Garden Grove.
Please consider nominating an individual or a couple for this prestigious award.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Lives, works or serves in the city in which he/she is nominated
- Is well-known, highly regarded and has remained active in the community for the past five years
- Will attract participation (the event benefits Cypress College students)
- Has made significant contributions of service to their community
- Is available to attend the Americana Awards on February 29, 2020 and the Americana Kickoff on October 10, 2019
- Is not holding or running for office as an elected official
Selection Process – City Committees select a nominee and submit the name to the Americana Committee for ratification.
For further information contact Howard Kummerman, Cypress College Foundation: 714-484-7126; firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for Online Nomination Form
Americana 2020 Citizens of the Year Selection Process Timeline:
- June 13, 2019: Nomination forms emailed
- August 2, 2019: Nomination Forms Due to Foundation Office
- August 5 – August 16, 2019: Americana City Committees Meet and Select Nominees; names forwarded to Cypress College Foundation Office
- August 19: Citizens of the Year Nominee deadline
- August 22, 2019: Americana Committee Reviews/Ratify Citizens of the Year
- By September 12, 2019: Once Citizens of the Year accept, invitations to October 10, 2109, Honoree Luncheon sent
- October 10, 2019: Honoree Luncheon; Citizens given list of all items needed from them by November 29, 2019
- November 7 or 14 TBD, 2019: Kickoff
- January 11, 2020: Photo and Video Sessions with Citizens of the Year.