CalOptima Scholarship Essay Contest
CalOptima is offering a scholarship opportunity and welcomes entries from students pursuing careers in health care or social services. High school seniors and adult learners may apply. Scholarships will be awarded to two students.
· $750 for first place essay by a high school senior*
· $750 for first place essay by an adult who is a future or current college student*
*One of the first place essays will also be entered into the Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) national scholarship program for the opportunity to win an additional $5,000.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a current CalOptima member or live with an immediate family member who is a CalOptima member. CalOptima employees, their children and previous scholarship winners are not eligible.
- Be accepted by or enrolled in an accredited university, college, technical or vocational school, and attending classes no later than September 1, 2021.
- Demonstrate the intent to pursue a career in health care or social services.
The deadline to submit this application is Friday, November 13. The application is available here. It must be postmarked or emailed by the deadline before 5 p.m. on November 13 to CalOptima’s office or email@example.com.