One of the first decisions that you will have to make as a business owner is how the company should be structured.
In making a choice, you will want to take into account the following:
- Your vision regarding the size and nature of your business
- Number of employees. Type of business operation
- Legal restrictions
- The level of control you wish to have
- The level of “structure” you are willing to deal with
- The business vulnerability to lawsuits
- Tax implications of the different ownership structures
- Expected profit (or loss) of the business and capital needs
- Whether or not you need to re-invest earnings into the business
- Length of business operation.
Come learn about the legal formation for startups covering LLC’s, S Corporations, C Corporations and DBA's.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH: The Public Law Center