Experian's Credit Education program helps raise consumer awareness of the positive role of credit and credit reporting in our lives. The purpose of this presentation is to help you better understand credit reporting and scores, as well as to provide general information about how individuals should manage their credit report so that they can get the credit they need and want.
The topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding a credit report: what's in it and why it's important
- How to dispute incorrect items on a credit report
- How long do items stay on a credit report?
- How to protect your information
- What is a credit score and how are they calculated?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic and the Cares Act affect credit reporting
- Where to get more information and other available resources