There will be an educational Lunch & Learn session on May 16th that will provide an overview of the California Air Resources Board's (CARB) emissions trading program, widely known as the Cap-and-Trade Program, and examine the role of carbon offsets in the program.
CARB continues to move forward with implementing its existing Compliance Offset Protocols and may consider additional protocol types through its public process in the future that can be utilized by California companies for a portion of their compliance with the State's stringent GHG regulations.
In addition, speakers will address general sustainability initiatives and carbon-footprint reduction strategies for California businesses and organizations beyond Cap & Trade.
Topics to be covered in this fast-paced Sustain SoCal Trending event includes:
- Overview of the current status of Cap-and-Trade in California
- Currently available CARB-compliant carbon offset acquisition opportunities
- Update potential new Cap & Trade complient carbon offset opportunities
- Carbon accounting and methodology and related financial tools
- Emissions trading program platforms, including international transaction platforms
- International decarbonization initiatives
Jason A. Gray, Esq., Chief, Climate Change Program Evaluation Branch, Industrial Strategies Div., California Air Resources Board (CARB)
Emily Warms, Manager Investments & Operations, New Forests Inc.
John O. Niles, Director, The Carbon Institute
Alessandra Simiema, Founder & CFO, Brasil Mata Viva (BMV)
Leslie Williams, Partner, CKR Law (Moderator)
Seating for Trending Series events is very limited and often sell-out quickly, so please reserve your spot at your earliest opportunity if you would like to attend.
There is no onsite registration for this event. Sustain SoCal's Trending...Lunch & Learn series is free for Sustain SoCal members and $30 for non-members.